Wednesday, November 01, 2006

What is a Layme?

Oldest daughter was having troubles getting to sleep so I checked on her *again* and she looked puzzled. I went through bedtime routine *again* and asked what was bothering her. She asked very simply, "Mom, what does layme mean?" I was trying hard to think of where she heard a word like that or maybe similar to that and maybe got the name of the word or context wrong. I asked her to tell me the word in a sentence and I'll try to help you. Her response:
"you know, Now I layme down to sleep."
Bless her heart, she's been saying that prayer most of her little life! I showed her the words of the prayer and she then understood. We have always said it, repeated it, rarely needing to look at the words.
A good lesson learned for me because how often do we repeat the words at mass, how often do we say the rosary and just say the words....I hope I always remember to KNOW the meaning as I am reciting the words. : )
Have a blessed Saints day!

1 comment:

Sarah Reinhard said...

Too precious! :)