Tuesday, October 31, 2006

There is hope!!

Along with my long list of things to do in my head, as I am walking around the house doing other things, is to change the toilet paper roll in the bathroom. I'll get to it, after I change the towels, get a bar of soap out of the closet, drag the hampers to the laundry room....it may take a while before I get to it but I will.
Well, oldest daughter (almost 9) was busy cleaning her room and went into the bathroom. I didn't pay much attention to this until after she left when I thought I had better change that toilet paper! She had already changed it!! She had gotten it out of the hall closet, took off the old cardboard, and refilled it......with the new piece flipped over the top (how does she know I like it that way?!)

There is hope for my daughters!!! The men may never learn how to accomplish this small task but I am confident that the ladies of the house will always have toilet paper ready!!!

1 comment:

Sarah Reinhard said...

I do know one man who DOES change it... I was so impressed that I went ahead and married him.

And I am not surprised in the least that Oldest Girl caught on. We know she's brilliant. Turns out she's practical too. :)

Great job, Mom. Pat yourself on the back. There's hope for YOU too, with daughters like that!!! :)