Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Perpetual Adoration

The churches around here have started Perpetual Adoration. They have always had Eucharistic Adoration in the chapel on Sunday afternoons. I've wondered why they only reserved one hour, one day to this. I guess not everyone is doing it yet. I was pleased when I heard that three of the churches have gotten together for Perpetual Adoration. I was one of the first to sign up!! I didn't know just how much I would like it until I tried. Lucky for me they have mass afterwards and I attend Adoration then mass.......who knew!

The calm I get when I first walk in the room (if I can just get the danged digital lock to work and not have to interrupt someone else to open the door for me). I sit and pray, sometimes I talk to God, I know he is listening. I can just see the Angels looking down rejoicing that finally I took the hint and started doing more with my faith.

Everyone is so friendly, even when no words are spoken. There are about 6 of us in there (at least on Wednesday mornings) and I LOVE it. I feel like I get to talk to God, all by myself. As if we were sitting on the sofa of His living room, having coffee.....just hanging out.

Afterwards everyone says, "good morning, how are you today?" They all sound like they are genuinely interested in how you are. And after mass the chatter begins, the little ol' lady at the end talks to the lady putting the books away, the lector comes over and chats with her friends. Someone even came to me and said, "I've never seen you here before, welcome." We had a nice conversation. (The Perpetual Adoration is in the church down the road, not the one where my children attend school, otherwise everyone would know me!)

I am pleased to have "found" this hour and find myself wishing it were longer. Thank you God for opening this window of opportunity to me.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Sarah Reinhard said...

I have been an Adorer at our parish for quite a few years, and I wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING. I'm so glad you have a chance for this peace and joy now too, Susan! :)