Friday, September 15, 2006

Time is just like a thief, it's stolen so much from us.....this is a quote from a famous country song. I heard this the other day and it really hit home. Time just seems to fly by while I am doing my everyday things and I rarely give a second thought to my daily chores. I am in and out of the car with my errands to the post office, bank, grocery and the thing is I MAKE time for these things. Why don't I MAKE time for God? I say my prayers when I think of it or when I am in a near accident and think PLEASE GOD HELP ME. As often as I do the little things I should do more for God. I am loving this reatreat and am hopeful that my attitiude will change toward when I have time. Jesus didn't think twice when he gave his life for us, I think I owe it to him to do more for him. The girls' school moto is All For Jesus, I like that. They teach that everything they do should be for Jesus. Think twice about how you act or rather re-act to a situation.....what would Jesus do.....what would Jesus want you to do?

: ) Life is good.....God is good.
Thank you Jesus for all the gifts in my life.

1 comment:

Sarah Reinhard said...

When we GIVE to God, he will not be outdone in his generosity to us. Look at the wedding at Cana. They just wanted wine. They got the FINEST wine, and PLENTY of it, enough to get the place blitzed. Give God your background time, a few minutes a day, and wait and see what happens. I have to remind myself of this, and then every time I put it in practice, I am overwhelmed with blessings. Every Friday, I give Jesus an hour, and it's a hard hour, every single time. But every single Friday, I'm amazed and humbled. Who am I to say I don't have time?

I'm glad the retreat is good for you. I'll start including you in my "let's do a novena" stuff too. :) The biggest blessing in my life of late (OK, biggest is probably the WRONG word, but I'm feeling dramatic flair right now) has been the women in my life who have prayed with me and taught me to include others in my praying (like, hey, let's pray together). It has changed my life and made the challenges bearable.

I will pray for you today. And I hope that Mother Mary gives you a hug from me.

Love you!