Sunday, January 07, 2007

How should I feel?

I have never gotten too emotional about the death penalty. I know that the crime they commited to deserve such punishment must have been severe. But do we have the power to take someone else's life? Saddam Hussein has always be an evil man in my little knowledge of him and I am in no way saying he did not deserve the punishment but I am faced with how am I supposed to feel? Should I be happy that Justice has been served? Should I be sad that his life was taken, who are we to play God? Should I feel sorry for him that he may very well be burning in hell as we speak? And then what about the people he killed? Who was there to protect them and their families.
I guess I just don't get it. I don't understand how someone can be so evil for one and also to have no remorse?! I pray to God that somehow we find world peace, is there such a thing?

No comments: