Monday, January 15, 2007

Good Boy.


After a lengthy trip to the grocery store this morning (partly b/c of the Rx I was waiting on and partly b/c I had the kids with me {MLK Holiday} I finally made it home. As the girls and I were unloading the trunk, the dog let himself out the front door. No cause for alarm, he usually just does some business in the front bushes and comes back in. I guess he got sidetracked and we were finished unloading before he was ready. I unfortunately didn't realize this until about an hour after the fact. I was getting the girls settled in playing a game of 'littlest pet shop' while I checked phone messages. Suddenly (I think b/c of a dog food commercial) I realized the dog wasn't in the house. He is an old dog, loyal and barks alot but loyal. No matter what you are doing, he'll be right there with you. He wasn't right here with me though.

I asked the girls if he was in there with them and they replied, "no, m'am!" So I checked the backyard thinking maybe I had let him out back and just forgot. Nope. So next was the front yard. I opened the front door ready to holler out his name and he was sitting on the welcome mat, just enjoying the 77 degree weather outside. He looked up at me as if to say, "what?"

"What a good boy!" was my response and I let him in and showered him with love, hugs, and treats!

No comments: