Thursday, December 28, 2006

Trans Siberian Orchestra

The day was rainy and dreary, the air was cool and crisp. The traffic getting there was horrific. But the feeling that I got when they turned the lights down and started playing was that of shear pleasure. My whole body had goosebumps. If you've never heard of Trans Siberian Orchestra (from here on out known as TSO) you are missing out! TSO is one of the most amazing concerts I have ever seen. The lights, the music, the atmosphere, it was amazing. I sat and listened, reflecting on the season, and realized just how wonderful it is. It, being the season of Christmas. How we run along and gather our presents for friends and family, imposing deadlines on ourselves that no one could or even should try to meet. The season is about more than just giving. We all say that giving in better than receiving however I sure am enjoying the gift that Jesus gave to me. I enjoy that gift every day. Without even thinking of it. Maybe this should be more an Easter post than a Christmas one, I believe that the day Christ was born was just as important. Can you imagine how Mary felt, knowing her son was so special.
I hope that you had a blessed Christmas and a healthy new year!!

No comments: