Friday, October 13, 2006

The definition of COLD

I woke up this morning to 56 degrees and thought, maybe I should grab a sweater?! I went back later of course to get a jacket and one for the kids as well. It was COLD.
Now, when I was growing up it wasn't cold at 56 degrees.....that was a heat wave! And that was our morning temp!! Do you know what cold smells like? I ask some of my southern friends and they are clueless.....but those of us from the north know that smell when you walk out your door and it hits your nose the chilling cold.....snow fresh on the ground. I miss that. Sometimes I get in my car and turn on the a/c really high until I am cold and think of those times. It's not the same but as crazy as I am....it's fun. : )
I know that it will be in the 70's by late afternoon so I'm not too concerned but it is snowing in some places!!! I miss the snow, I miss the seasons, I miss my family and friends, however it makes the hurt less when there are so many things to do while still warm out in October!
We'll be going to the park this weekend, just as we did so many times over the summer, to feed the ducks, take a nature walk, or just sit by the water.
I hope wherever you are you take advantage of the weather there and have fun.....if it is snowing in your area.......throw some snowballs for me!! : )

1 comment:

Sarah Reinhard said...

Ah, you make me want to write about COLD, about the tip of my nose thawing when I walk back in from the car, about the swirl of my breath in the mornings. You make me want to see it the way you do, to feel it new, to taste it again.

But we don't have snow yet!!! Not for a while (a scare late last week, when the weather threw a curveball...)