Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Hurricanes, Tornado's, and Flood's oh my!!

As I was awaken by the crash of thunder at 2am I wondered what the heck is going on!? I checked on the little ones (what mother doesn't when for one reason or another awaken in the middle of the night?) and within minutes heard the thunder crack again! If I weren't already awake and aware of what was going on I'd think someone broke in through the window. This continued on through the night as did the battle of trying to keep the little ones comforted. We made 'floor beds' for the kids to stay in our room because their room (less than 10 feet away) was not safe enough for them, or so they thought. I heard those same cracks of thunder at 2:30, 3:15, 4:30, 5:00, 5:45, and then finally woke up at 6:30am to start my day! Needless to say I am tired and in need of a nap, which I won't get.

PTL that our neck of the woods was not damaged as a result of the storms last night but not so true for those living just miles away. Tornado's (or they may say the same one just jig-jogging all over the place) towered through several different cities and wrecked havoc on houses that are STILL trying to recover from Hurricane Katrina! We just can't win!!!! If it's not a Hurricane, it is a tornado and if not those we are always at risk for floods.

Needless to say my stress level has jumped quite a bit since I moved down here. I know you can experience a Tornado just about anywhere in the US but it seems there are more and more around these parts lately.

I guess my muffled thoughts here are just my way of being thankful for the things I have and PTL we are safe......for now!

2 comments:

Sarah Reinhard said...

Weather events happen everywhere, you know - it's not God hunting you down (I know you know that, but it sounds like you need to be reminded, maybe). Here, we have a near-blizzard (and an actual blizzard just north). But it's just a chance for us to tip our cup and say, "oh look, it IS half full, isn't it? Look how much God loves me!" :) ((hugs)) to you and the little ones

Susan said...

Thanks, I needed that. I SO miss the snow but must admit I am enjoying the nicer weather. : )